Jane Iredale Vox Box from Influenster Review
**Disclaimer; I received these products free for review purposes HOWEVER all opinions are strictly my own and 100%.**
I have got to say I love how this was packaged! It was folded very neatly and the cute little details are what attracts me to brands.. love it!
I love the little removable cover and that it has all the names and what each product is on it. I however did not care for the brush it comes with at all. I feel like they could have put a different item there or just left it blank. The brush it comes with makes the product have too much fall out. I ended up using a kabuki brush instead and it had less fall out. Also I wanted to note I did not care for the packaging on the inside.. I know I will find myself taking the product out of the packaging and placing it in a pan because after one use my palette on the inside is dirty.
I wanted to share what my swatches looked like.. not much eh? Also I did not edit any of these photos all I did was add my trademark onto each photo- I wanted the product to stand out for itself.
(Top to bottom)
- Forever Peach lip & cheek stain- I was surprised at how this applied.. when I swatched it it looked very sheer however when I applied it to my lips it came out to be a very flattering color. (see photos below)
- Amber Foundation SPF 20- I used this color as my “foundation” I found that I had to go over my face 3 times for full coverage, which is the normal for me because I have freckles, redness and scars. However it blended very well.
- Radiant Foundation SPF 20- This was my “bronzer” because was slightly darker it gave my face a summer bronzed look for my skin tone without going over board!
- Sheer Honey Blush- There was nothing sheer about this blush, lol! It is very pigmented.. I had to tap off my brush to apply this BUT it is a very pretty flattering color on me I am impressed girl!
- Supernova Eyeshadow- I loved this eyeshadow.. it is highly pigmented and blends really well and a great all over lid color!
- Oyster Eyeshadow- I used this color for my highlight on my face, inner corner, nose and above my lip. It gave me a natural highlight and left my skin feeling that glow!
**These photos are NOT edited at all! I didn’t even add my logo to them- It is all natural lighting.. literally by my vanity.. lol!**
I wanted to note again that I do have scars, textured skin, freckles and red skin naturally. OH and I am breaking out for no reason.. ugh parenting.. am I right? lol! All of the products I used for my face I will try my best to link below.
I prepped my face using;
- Lancome Sunscreen
- Maybelline Master Prime in 100
- E.L.F Lip Exfoliator in Mint
- Colourpop Lippie Primer
The brushes I used are;
- BS-MALL FACE FLAT (could not find a link)
- Royal & Langnickel Flat Angled Kabuki from their Foxy brush set.
- Royal & Langnickel Revolution BX-35
- Royal & Langnickel Purple Set I used the Powder brush,smoky eye brush, and the brow brush.
- Real Techniques. I used the deluxe crease brush and base shadow brush.
To finish this look I used;
#puresimpleyou Would I recommend this to my friends and family? YES especially for the summer heat here down south.. yes a thousand times! I went out and about in this humidity and it stayed pretty much in place even with me sweating like crazy! If you got this voxbox let me know what you thought about it in the comments.. I’d love to know!
(Click the photo to check out my instagram)